Dr Catherine Knight, the convener and primary contributor to envirohistory NZ also offers various services to local and central government, academic and research institutions, businesses and other organisations.
- Research, policy and analysis – specialising in environmental management and governance issues
- Writing & editing
- Proof-reading and quality assurance services. Download editing & proofreading services flyer.
- Lecturing and talks on topics relating to environmental history
- Translation of articles and other documents from Japanese to English
- Environmental policy analysis for a leading environmental agency
- Editing and quality assurance of Community Outcomes Report for the Kapiti Coast District Council’s Community Plan
- Research and writing of online history for Nga Manu Nature Reserve, Waikanae
- Guest lecturer for Asian Studies Institute, Victoria University, lecturing in the post-war nature conservation movement in Japan (voted best lecture in 2009!)
- Japanese to English translation: “The Development of Japanese New Religions in Brazil and Their Propagation in a Foreign Culture“, by Watanabe Masako. Published in the Japanese Journal of Religious Studies.
- An extensive publication portfolio – see Publications page.
We engaged Cath to edit a major document, a project which she carried out with
enthusiasm, clarity and professionalism, completing the work well in advance of a very
- Vivien Maffey, Project Support Officer, Kapiti Coast District Council
I have worked with Cath on the implementation of major legislation in my consultancy
role for the Ministry for the Environment. Cath plays an invaluable role within the team
as a meticulous proofreader and editor. She also proofread my thesis for submission
to the University of Victoria Library. Cath is efficient and has mastered the art of plain
English writing for any audience. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a
thorough job done on their reports, discussion papers or any other documents.
- Christine Makumbe, Consultant
Please contact me any time to make an inquiry, ask for quote or delivery time. I offer extremely competitive rates and realistic turn-around times. I will always be happy to talk to you about your project.